St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan
Parish boundaries of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan in the Cornwall Council division of St Mawgan and Colan
Total Grants Available:
£17,500 per year
Fund Provided by:
The REG Power Management Denzell Downs Wind Farm is committed to providing a Community Benefit Fund for good causes local to the Wind Farm.
The Fund has an annual value of around £17,500 which is split equally between the Parishes of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan.
Groups can apply for grants between £250 and £8,750.
There is one application round each year. An additional application round may be established if all available funding is not allocated in any annual round.
The Fund is open to any community project which is for the benefit of residents of the local area. This Fund can provide both capital and revenue grants.
Projects for which grants are requested must be located within the Parish boundaries of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan in the Cornwall Council division of St Mawgan and Colan.
Eligible Organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Charities / voluntary, community groups
- The Parish Councils
- Schools and educational establishments
- Social enterprises (including credit unions, co-operatives, social firms, community-owned enterprises, community interest companies and development trusts) provided they operate on a not-for-profit basis.
Applicants need to have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and will need to have a bank or building society account with a minimum of two signatories in place before applying for a grant.
Grants will not be available for:
- Commercial organisations.
- Private membership-based sports clubs and facilities unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction (e.g. not membership by nomination organisations).
- Projects that only benefit one individual (unless the application is received from an organisation and the project directly benefits individuals, e.g. energy saving measures such as insulation).
- Projects that are narrowly religious in focus, or that support a party political campaign or cause.
- Retrospective funding, i.e. projects that have already been completed, whether or not already paid for.
- Works that are a statutory duty, such as scheduled transport services and works to public highways.
The main criteria that will be used when assessing applications received will be:
- The social, or economic, or environmental benefits which will result from the project.
Other factors will also be considered which must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed, i.e. its sustainability and legacy
- Value for money
- Applications to the Fund need to be made using the online application form available on GrantScape’s website.
- The annual deadline for applications will be detailed on GrantScape’s website, as well as on the Parish Council websites for St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan.
- The judging Panel for St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan will meet once a year to determine which applicants should receive grants for their projects.
After reading the above, if you are confident that your project meets all of the requirements of the Fund, please click below: