Coastal Recycling Community Fund Awards Grants
Six highly deserving organisations in Devon are celebrating being awarded grants through the Coastal Recycling Community Fund.
The successful groups to receive a share of the £55,560 available for this funding round are:
- The Parochial Church Council of St James Ashreigney; replacing their cracked bell
- The Friends of Berry Castle; conservation through engagement with local people and historic interpretation boards
- Headway Devon; improving access and facilities at the centre
- Parklife Heavitree; maintaining and improving a community run coffee van at Heavitree Pleasure Ground
- Bideford BMX Club; upgrading the clubhouse
- Topsham Swimming Pool; renewable energy heating installation
Monies for the Community Fund are provided by Coastal Recycling through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Harry Wild, Coastal Recycling Community Fund Manager said, “We are delighted to be able to support such worthy initiatives across Devon. Each successful project demonstrated a positive impact on its area so we very much look forward to seeing these projects come to life.”
Coastal Recycling supports projects within 10 miles of its landfill sites at Deep Moor, Torrington and Kenbury Wood, near Exeter. There is approximately £300,000 available each year, possible through the Landfill Communities Fund. Grants are available for amounts between £5,000 and £25,000 and are awarded via four annual funding rounds. More than £3.8m has been awarded through the fund to date, securing hundreds of community projects for the county.
For further details about the Fund, please click below: