East Coast Community Fund Awards Fourth Round of Grants
Eighteen deserving local organisations are celebrating the news that they have been awarded grants from the fourth round of Ørsted’s East Coast Community Fund.
The East Coast Community Fund is part of the community engagement programme for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One and Race Bank offshore wind farms. Each year, until 2037, Ørsted will provide approximately £390,000, for the main fund, to support a wide range of community and environmental projects.
An additional £75,000 per year is ring-fenced for a skills fund, designed to support a range of educational and training initiatives.
The community groups will each receive a share of the windfall, which is available every six months through an open application process.
The successful groups from the fourth round are:
- North Cotes Football Club, New Equipment – £4,632
- Mablethorpe and Sutton Town Council, Skate Park Shelter – £1,280
- Boston Community Transport, Continued Provision of Transport – £5,000
- Withernsea Town Council, Promenade & Slipway Lighting – £5,000
- East Coast Gymnastics, Fast Track and Landing Area – £5,000
- Art Regeneration and Community Heritage Ltd, Creating a Conference Room – £5,000
- Chelmsford Avenue Neighbourhood Watch South, Community Garden – £4,900
- Grimsby Triathlon Club, Introduction to Open Water Swimming – £3,000
- Sutton Bridge United Football Club, New Sports Pavilion – £15,000
- ERVAS Ltd, Bridlington Youth Coalition: Young People’s Outreach Project – £30,000
- Waltham Parish Council, Play Area Upgrade – £9,600
- Habrough Village Hall, New Kitchen and Furniture – £10,910
- Addaction, Mind and Body – £20,000
- Wainfleet All Saints Town Council, New Children’s Play Area – £25,000
- Furnichurch, Appointment of Part-Time Warehouse Supervisor – £16,000
- Hornsea Inshore Rescue, Hornsea Lifeboat Project – £5,782
- Allotment for the Labouring Poor of the Parish of Ingoldisthorpe, Memorial Orchard Garden – £8,396
- Grimsby, Cleethorpes and District Dial a Ride, Fleet Enhancement – £25,000
Detty Tyler, Children and Young People’s Services Coordinator at East Riding Voluntary Action Services Ltd said:
“ERVAS are thrilled to receive funding from the East Coast Community Fund, which will enable us to provide two much needed Youth Outreach Workers in Bridlington, who will not only engage with young people in the area and provide a range of positive activities and support, but also work closely with the many organisations who are members of ERVAS’ Bridlington Youth Coalition project, ensuring that we are all working together to provide the best services we can to young people, particularly those who may be most vulnerable.”
Tom Dalziel, Chairman/Club Captain at North Cotes Football Club said:
“I am absolutely delighted that Ørsted have supported local grassroots football by providing North Cotes Football Club with the funding of £4,632. This will allow the club to improve facilities at our home ground and train throughout the dark, winter months. This will enable us to take that next step forward. Overall the funding will significantly aid the development of football in the local area. We cannot thank you enough!”
The Fund was launched by Ørsted in December 2016 and has, so far, donated well over £700,000 to more than 70 projects. In total, over the twenty years, up to £9.3 million will be made available for community and environmental projects in coastal areas of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and North Norfolk.
There are two application rounds each year for groups to apply to, and the next closing date is 23 January 2019.
Natasha Nanuck, Senior Stakeholder Advisor at Ørsted said:
“To see so many deserving organisations benefit from our operations is fantastic, each and every one of the recipients represents a worthy cause. The East Coast Community Fund will truly have a lasting legacy, and make a real difference to people’s lives, so I strongly encourage organisations to see if they qualify and apply for the next round which closes in January.”
For further details of how you can apply to the next round, please click here