Augean Community Fund Criteria
- The Augean Community Fund has approximately £500,000 available per year. The budget is funded by donations made by Augean PLC under the Landfill Communities Fund from its two landfill sites located near Thornhaugh and Kings Cliffe.
- There are two deadlines for applications each year which can be found on GrantScape’s website.
- Normally the minimum grant is £5,000. The maximum you can apply for is £50,000
- Priority will be given to applications received for projects located within 5 miles of Augean’s Thornhaugh and Kings Cliffe landfill sites.
Contributing Third Party (CTP) Payment:
Each grant awarded will require a donation to be made to Augean Ltd so that the grant can be released by GrantScape. This is called a Contributing Third Party (CTP) donation. The CTP donation covers Augean’s costs in providing monies for the grant through the Landfill Communities Fund, plus associated fees.
In simple terms, each £11 of CTP donation will release £100 of funding for the project.
The application form asks groups to identify an individual or organisation who would be willing to make this CTP donation if they are awarded a grant.
Detailed information on why CTP donations are necessary, who can provide these and how to calculate the approximate amount required is provided in GrantScape’s quick reference guide: “Contributing Third Party (CTP) Guidance”. This document is also available as part of the online application pack.
Projects must be located within 10 miles of either of the two landfill sites at Kings Cliffe and Thornhaugh. Please see the map available on GrantScape’s website.
Grants are available for community projects.
Grants will be available for capital improvement works to public amenity projects. Examples may include:
- Village halls
- Nature reserves
- Village greens
- Community centres
- Public playgrounds
- Cycle paths
- Sports fields and facilities
- Country parks
Public Access Requirements:
Projects must be available and open to the general public as defined by ENTRUST – as a minimum, for 4 evenings a week, or 2 days a week, or 104 days a year.
Grants will not be available for:
- Community Shops
- Membership-based sports clubs and facilities (e.g. bowls and golf clubs), unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction
- Commercial organisations
- Projects that are considered statutory requirements
- Projects that are solely aimed to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act
- Core cost funding
- Retrospective funding (i.e. projects that have already been completed)
- Projects at schools, unless the general public can benefit from the project (please contact GrantScape before considering applying)
- Bus services, minibus services, or vehicles
- Projects at hospitals, or hospices, or day care centres
- Any works to public highways
- Staff posts and costs where they are not based, or specifically undertaking works, at the actual project site
- Projects to deliver visual enhancements (i.e. ‘a view’), as this does not improve, maintain or provide a general public amenity
- Village or town centre enhancements, such as walkways, street works or signage
- CD’s, web-sites or remote interpretation about a site
- Public car parks, unless they are specific to a general public amenity
- Public conveniences
- Allotments, or fruit growing projects
- Charity buildings, offices of charities, Citizens’ Advice Bureaux and advice centres
- Large scale perimeter / security fencing programmes that do not directly enhance the public amenity
- Land purchase (unless there has been prior discussion with GrantScape)
The main criteria used when assessing applications received will be:
- The level of community support for and involvement in the project
- The local community benefit and enjoyment which will result from the project
Other factors will also be considered which must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed, i.e. its sustainability and legacy
- Value for money
If, after reading the above, you are confident that your project is eligible, please click Next, below: