East Coast Skills Fund
Introduction and Background
It is widely recognised that the UK will have a shortage of technical and engineering skills needed to meet the UK’s future employment needs. With this in mind, each year, up to £75,000 of the main East Coast Community Fund will be set aside for a “STEM Educational Fund”.
The 2021 STEM Fund is Now Open to Applications.
The funding is available through an open application process to experienced organisations that can develop and deliver STEM related training and/or education courses, a one-off event, or a programme of targeted events.
The full £75,000 may be awarded to one organisation, or split between a number of groups that apply. The minimum grant organisations can apply for is £10,000.
We are looking for organisations to apply for grants to:
- Fund the support, enhancement and expansion of existing projects / networks already set up and delivering local benefits on STEM related activities. Examples of these might include funding for STEM festivals / engagement days / pop up events etc.
- Create and develop new and innovative initiatives across one or more age ranges from early years, primary, secondary, further or higher education. Examples of this may include development of wind turbine kits for schools in science classes or other resource packs, or delivery of other extra curriculum activities.
We will accept applications from all types of groups with appropriate delivery experience, including third sector organisations, as well as experienced consultancies. The works must be delivered within the Main Fund’s benefit area (see map here), but can be focussed in just one specific area (i.e. the project does not have to be delivered across the entire benefit area).
- Projects can last up to two years.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
- Organisations with current ‘live’ STEM grants from this specific Fund are not eligible to apply.
- Groups can only submit one application per Fund (i.e. you can apply to our other Funds but you will need to complete a separate application).
How to Apply
To apply for a grant, please complete and submit the online application form before the closing date of 30 April 2021. When you register please select the East Coast Skills Fund as the Fund to apply to.
Important Note: This closing date is different to the Main Community Fund, so please do not get the dates confused as late submissions will not be considered.
Final decisions on your application will be announced by mid-June 2021.
If you would like to discuss a potential application before you apply, you are very welcome to contact GrantScape on 01908 247635.
To find out which organisations have been awarded grants in previous years, please click here