Mynydd Portref Community Benefit Fund Grants Awarded
The following projects have been supported through the Fund. Grant amounts are shown as the total amount awarded at the time the grant offer was made.
- Brynna Community Centre Management Committee – awarded £13,500 in 2019 to improve the changing room facilities for the local football clubs.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council – awarded £15,000 in 2018 towards Brynna Recreation Ground play equipment upgrade.
- Brynna Old Age Pensioners Association – awarded £4,810 in 2017 for new windows and cladding for the group’s hall, and for improving its insulation and lighting.
- Brynna and Llanharan Methodist Church – awarded £3,035 in 2017 towards new flooring and heaters.
- Ysgol Gynradd Dolau Primary School – awarded £2,000 in 2017 towards Urdd Eisteddfod.
- Brynnau Primary PTA – awarded £5,000 in 2016 to purchase equipment for Brynna’s community multi-cultural carnival.
- The Council of the Community of Llanharan – awarded £5,000 in 2015 towards new festive lights and for planted hanging baskets with winter flowers.
Gilfach Goch Ward
- Swn Yr Afon Social Club – awarded £3,000 in 2020 for garden improvements and social activities.
- Gilfach Goch Senior Citizens Association – awarded £4,000 in 2020 for activity costs.
- Gilfach Goch Old Peoples Welfare Fund – awarded £3,000 in 2020 for activity costs.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council – awarded £17,000 in 2019 for a new playground at the recreation ground.
- Little Amigos Parent and Toddler Group – awarded £885 in 2019 to purchase new play equipment.
- Garden Village Ladies Guild – awarded £518 in 2019 for their arts and craft class.
- Gilfach Goch Community Council – awarded £18,085 in 2018 towards Holly Street Play Area refurbishment.
- 1st Gilfach Goch Scout Group – awarded £4,096 in 2017 towards new equipment and activity costs.
- Gilfach Goch Amateur Boxing Club – awarded £1,800 in 2017 towards the strength and conditioning room.
- Gilfach Goch Senior Citizens Association – awarded £2,120 in 2017 towards day trips to places of interest for local pensioners.
- Gilfach Goch Rugby Football Club – awarded £5,000 in 2017 towards clubhouse refurbishment.
- Bethel Methodist Church, Gilfach Goch – awarded £2,000 in 2017 towards exterior paining of the church building.
- Gilfach Goch Community Council – awarded £2,484 in 2017 towards the purchase of two defibrillators.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council – awarded £35,000 in 2016 for a new pedestrian crossing in Gilfach Goch. This provides residents at the sheltered accommodation and visitors to the local health centre with a safe way to cross the B4564 Coronation Road.
- Llanharan Community Council – awarded £5,000 in 2020 as emergency payment to support the local food bank during Covid-19 pandemic.
- Llanharan Recreation Ground Trust – awarded £5,000 in 2019 to refurbish the toilet facilities.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council – awarded £61,755 in 2018 for Oakbrooke Park multi-use games area.
- Llanharan Community Development Project Ltd – awarded £1,830 in 2018 for kitchen renovation at the Drop in Centre.
- Llanharan Rugby Football Club – awarded £5,000 in 2018 for re-roofing works.
- Llanharan Community Development Project – awarded £2,000 in 2015 for the purchase and installation of a new boiler for Llanharan Drop-In Centre.
Tonyrefail West Ward
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council – awarded £35,000 in 2016, £17,500 in 2017, £15,000 in 2018, £15,000 in 2019 and £15,000 in 2020 (£97,500 to date) to develop Thomastown Community Centre as a community asset. Improvements include the overall redecoration of the Centre internally, plus a refurbished kitchen, dining area and changing facilities.
- Tonyrefail Boys & Girls Football Division – awarded £3,518 in 2019 to support the club covering external costs.
- a.c.e – awarded £3,085 in 2018 towards Kids Club upgrade.