Pen Bryn Oer Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund
Community Council areas of Rhymney and Tredegar
Total Grants Available:
£30,000 per year
Fund Provided by:
Pen Bryn Oer Wind Farm
The Fund is open to new applications. There is £30,000 available each year to give out in grants.
Projects for which grants are requested must be located within the Community Council areas of Rhymney and Tredegar.
There are two application rounds each year to apply to. The next closing dates for applications are:
1 September 2021 and 9 March 2022.
To find out which organisations were previously awarded grants, please click here
The Fund will allow groups to apply for grants between £250 and £2,000. However, applications up to £7,500 will be considered for exceptional projects that can clearly demonstrate how the grant will benefit the communities of both Tredegar and Rhymney.
Please click below to read the full criteria and how to apply:
GrantScape will ensure that all applications received are assessed fairly and transparently, and will follow an agreed and structured process as follows:
- All applications received are firstly assessed by a GrantScape Grant Officer. We will check that your application meets the criteria. If it doesn’t we will contact you to discuss the reason we believe it is not eligible. Depending upon the outcome of this discussion, we may advise you that your application can go no further.
- All eligible applications are then presented to our Advisory Group (AG) that has been established to help decide how the grants from the Fund will be allocated.
The AG currently consists of the following individuals:
- Cllr Hilda Williams – Rhymney Community Council
- Cllr Malcolm Thomas – Rhymney Community Council
- Cllr Tommy Smith – Tredegar Town Council
- Cllr Alyson Tippings – Tredegar Town Council
- Cllr Carl Cuss – Caerphilly County Borough Council from Twyn Carno Ward
- Cllr John Morgan – Blanenau Gwent Borough Councillor for Georgetown
- Mr Richard Owen – Resident from Rhymney Community
- Mr Paul Maddy – Resident from Tredegar Town Community
Please do not contact any of the AG to discuss your application as all enquiries and questions should be directed through GrantScape.
GrantScape will operate a strict declaration of interests and conflicts procedure at AG meetings.
The recommendations from the AG are then presented to GrantScape’s Board of Trustees to make final decisions on which applications will receive grants.
GrantScape will confirm by email the final decision on your application. This will be around the ‘Decisions Dates’ published on our website.