Walney Extension Skills Fund
Introduction and Background
It is widely recognised that the UK will have a shortage of technical and engineering skills needed to meet the UK’s future employment needs. With this in mind, each year, up to £100,000 of the main Fund will be set aside for a “Skills Fund”.
The Skills Fund is divided up into different strands, but its overall aim is to provide educational and learning opportunities for people within the Fund’s benefit area to help to improve their skills and employment opportunities.
To find out which organisations have been awarded grants in previous years, please click here
2021 STEM Educational Fund – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
This year there is £75,000 available, which may be awarded to one organisation, or split between a number of groups that apply. The minimum grant organisations can apply for is £10,000.
We are looking for organisations to apply for grants to:
- Fund the support, enhancement and expansion of existing projects / networks already set up and delivering local benefits on STEM related activities. Examples of these might include funding for STEM festivals / engagement days / pop up events etc.
- Create and develop new and innovative initiatives across one or more age ranges from early years, primary, secondary, further or higher education. Examples of this may include development of wind turbine kits for schools in science classes or other resource packs, or delivery other extra curriculum STEM activities.
We will accept applications from all types of groups with appropriate delivery experience, including third sector organisations, as well as experienced consultancies. The works must be delivered within the Main Fund’s benefit area (see map here), but can be focussed in just one specific area (i.e. the project does not have to be delivered across the entire benefit area).
- Projects can last up to two years.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
- Organisations with current ‘live’ STEM grants from this specific Fund are not eligible to apply.
- Groups can only submit one application per Fund (i.e. you can apply to our other Funds but you need to complete a separate application).
How to Apply
To apply for a grant, please complete and submit the online application form before the closing date of 30 April 2021. When you register please select the Walney Skills Fund as the Fund to apply to.
Important Note: This closing date is different to the Community Fund so please do not get the dates confused as late submissions will not be considered.
Final decisions on your application will be announced by mid-June 2021.
If you would like to discuss a potential application before you apply, you are very welcome to contact GrantScape on 01908 247635.
To find out which organisations have been awarded grants so far, please click here